Our curriculum is presented, inside and outdoors, through…
- activities based on children’s interests
- making the most of spontaneous opportunities
- half termly themed projects which weave through our provision and provide a fantastic opportunity to introduce new language
- rhythm of the year events such as harvest and fireworks
- planned sessions such a welly walks and visitors to the classroom.
This is flexible which means we can revisit ideas and themes allowing children to further develop their ideas, adults can identify and correct misunderstandings and inform teaching as well as including children who join our class through the year.
Our current overview of themed projects
These themed projects help us engage with parents and families about children’s learning as parents know in advance what we may do and can start conversations at home and introduce new vocabulary. Spontaneous opportunities are also shared with parents through our online learning platforms which means we can make good use of them too.